MARC (Manipal Assisted Reproduction Centre)
Manipal Assisted Reproduction Centre (MARC) has been offering a wide range of treatment programs for subfertile couples seeking assisted conception. It is backed by the experience of expert doctors and scientists who have taken specialized training abroad and have been working with subfertility problems since 1990. The pioneering technological improvements make MARC one of the most advanced centers for the treatment of infertility in India.
The center has a fully equipped andrology laboratory for male subfertility evaluation and semen banking for short-term and long-term storage. Embryology laboratory with all modern facilities including micromanipulation and laser hatching is another highlight of the center.
MARC focusses on research programmes for improving the quality of management of subfertile couples. Research works on animal models are being carried out and this is one of the IVF centers in the country associated with a university medical college.
- Induction of Ovulation
- Transvaginal Sonographic Procedures
- Intra Uterine Insemination
- In Vitro Fertilization with Embryo Transfer (IVF - ET)
- Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
- Laser assisted hatching
- Vasal, Epididymal & Testicular Sperm Extraction( MESA/TESA)
- Egg/Embryo Donation Program
- Embryo and Semen Banking
- Computer Aided Sperm Analysis (CASA)
- Sperm DNA damage evaluation
- Detection of Y chromosome microdeletion
- Laparoscopic Procedures
- Laproscopic & Hysteroscopic procedures
- Comprehensive Male Infertility Evaluation and Treatment
- Male Reproductive Laboratory
- Blastocyst culture
- Intracytoplasmic Morphologically Selected Sperm Injection (IMSI)
- Time lapse imaging of embryos
- Fertility preservation (ovarian & testicular tissue cryopreservation)
Assisted Reproductive Techniques
Intra Uterine Insemination
Intra Uterine Insemination (IUI) is a simple, less invasive technique in which the husband or donor sperm is placed in the womb using a catheter. IUI is indicated for the treatment of low sperm count or unexplained infertility.
In Vitro Fertilization with Embryo Transfer
In Vitro Fertilisation with Embryo Transfer (IVF) is a procedure that involves retrieving the eggs from the wife after sufficient medication to stimulate the ovaries to develop many follicles. The eggs are fertilized in the dish using husband's sperm.
Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection
Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) is used to treat couples who previously had failure in achieving conception due to the male partner's extremely low number of normal sperm or with unexplained infertility.
Donor Eggs and Donor Sperm
For women experiencing failure of their ovarian function and women over age of 40 with poor quality eggs, the use of donated eggs from their sister or another female may be the best option to achieve conception. Our semen bank provides donor sperm with prior consent from couple for use in IUI and IVF when the husband has no sperm or if he has any genetic disorders.
Laser Assisted Hatching
It is a process to assist the embryos to break the zona pellucida (ZP) using a laser in order to attach to the womb to increase the chance of pregnancy.