DEPARTMENT OF PHYSIOTHERAPY
Physiotherapy is a science that seeks to alleviate physical dysfunctions and promote optimal health and function of the human body. Physiotherapists evaluate and develop an appropriate treatment plan to facilitate movement, reduce pain, restore function and prevent disability using various exercise protocols and physical agents. Besides taking on acurative role , physiotherapists prescribe fitness and wellness oriented programs for active lifestyle to prevent various lifestyle diseases.
The Department of Physiotherapy has been in existence in Kasturba Hospital since 1972 . The Physiotherapy department is equipped with modern electrotherapy and exercise therapy equipment and provides rehabilitation for patients withvarious, neuro-muscular diseases and cardiopulmonary dysfunctions.
The Department performs fitness appraisals and also provides acute and chronic pain management of various musculoskeletal etiologies.
The department has the following units to provide high quality care:
- OPD (Out-patient Section): This operates from Monday to Saturday between 8.30 am and 4.30 pm and on Sundays between 8.30 am and 12.30 pm
- In-patient section: This section provides physiotherapy to all admitted patients in the hospital.
Apart from these sections, the Department has various specialty clinics to cater to the specific needs of the patient like:
- Balance and Vestibular Rehabilitation Clinic
- Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Clinic
- Diabetic Clinic
- Laser Clinic
- Women's Health Clinic
- Critical Care Physiotherapy unit
- Community rehabilitation unit
- Neuro Rehabilitation unit
- Onco Rehabilitation unit
- Orthopedic & Hand Rehabilitation unit
- Paediatric unit
- Human Performance Laboratory
The Department has highly qualified and specialized faculty in the various specialties of physiotherapy.
For further details on the services provided by the Department, please contact: +91-820-2922114